LOCATION IS EVERYTHING
A walk in cooler or freezer to store all of your perishable foods for your business is a large expense. You want to make sure that you are making informed decision. The location of your cooler, indoors or outdoors is a very important decision. Installing a unit that does not meet your needs can be a costly mistake. Once the walk-in cooler or freezer is installed it will be a large hassle and waste of money if you change your the location. Here are some considerations to take into account.
INDOOR WALK-IN REFRIGERATION
A few things to consider or ask when purchasing indoor walk-in refrigeration unit:
- Do I have enough space? Most indoor walk in coolers require 6-10 inches of air space above the unit and 2-5 inches on each side. It is best to talk to an expert about this.
- Do you need to access your food quickly and easily?
- Will my floor be able to handle the unit or do I have to reinforce the floor?
- Indoor units create a lot of heat. Is this ok for my business? Am I prepared to have my cooling cost increase in the summer?
- Condensing unit location.
- If you are in the restaurant or consumer based service, then you will want to consider a remote condenser. Again, it is best to talk to a professional about your needs!
These are just a few things to consider before deciding on a indoor unit.
Contact us now to discuss your needs!
OUTDOOR WALK-IN REFRIGERATION
- Cost! Generally an outdoor walk-in refrigeration cost more than a indoor.
- Easy access for food deliveries.
- Preserve space on the insideof your building.
- Requires level ground or concrete slab. Your installation expert should be able to help you determine this.
- Location of condenser will be outside, therefore hot air willbe emitted outside.
- Check building codes before purchase!
- Uses more energy.
Need more information? Contact us to discuss!
OTHER ITEMS TO CONSIDER:
How much cold storage will you need and how much room do you have to install a walk-in cooler or freezer? We work with Bally Refrigerated boxes because the simplicity of design assures ease of assembly, and allows for future Walk-In refrigeration expansion or relocation.
STRUCTURAL SUPPORT AND FINISHES
In some situations steel support is needed to suit local site conditions, construction regulations, and/or wind, seismic, and snow loading
• Ceilings: Suspended, and Self supporting
• External steel shed structures
• Lateral steel bracing, and proper steel support
ROOFS AND FLOORS
All outdoor Walk-Ins must have a roof.
• Membrane roofs, with gutters and downspouts
• Pre-engineered Panel roofs
• Built-up type roofs roofs
Whites Warehouse can provide design recommendations for many kinds of floor construction. We typically recommend:
• Bally floor panels on a concrete pad
• On-site fabricated built-in insulated floors
DOORS, ACCESSORIES AND FINISHES
Hinged Entrance Doors:
• Various sizes to suit any installation
• Available panic hardware
• Anti-condensate heaters
Industrial Cold Storage Doors:
• Manual or power operation
• Single or double horizontal slide
• Vertical rise
• Sectional overhead
• Stucco-embossed Galvalume steel
• Stucco-embossed Aluminum
• Stucco-embossed Stainless steel
• Stucco-embossed White galvanized steel
• Stucco-embossed Sand-tan galvanized steel
• Smooth White galvanized steel
• Stainless steel
• Smooth White aluminum
• Galvanized steel
• Custom metal, color, & coatings
• Observation Windows
• Deadbolt Locks or Lockingbars
• Digital Thermometers & Alarms
• Dock: Seals, Shelters, Lights, and Levelers
• Partition Wall Panels
• Ante-rooms, loading docks,
We will work work with you to design your Walk-In Cooler or Freezer to meet your specific needs. Standard panel sizes and packaged refrigeration systems are offered as part of our Standard Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Quick Ship program, while custom sizes and offerings allow you to create any Walk-In Cooler or Freezer you desire.
We look forward to helping you decide and build your walk-in refrigeration!
More information on our coolers available….Click here!
Please feel free to leave a comment. We would love to hear from you!